Main information about Cymbalta
Cymbalta is an antidepressant of the new generation which contains duloxetine.
One capsule of Cymbalta causes a change in the concentration of the main neurotransmitters (serotonin and noradrenaline) in the brain, and as a result, there is an improvement of the psychomotor function and emotional stability.
Cymbalta is approved by FDA for the treatment of many depressive disorders, fibromyalgia and neuropathic pain.
Cymbalta is one of the most balanced antidepressants on the pharmaceutical market.
This drug shows mild sedative, stimulant, anxiolytic, antidepressant, analgesic effect. In case of the severe depressions, Cymbalta increases a stimulation of the central nervous system;
in case of the anxious disorders, it causes a strong sedative action and lowers a high agitation of the central nervous system.
In spite of the high safety and efficiency of Cymbalta, bear in mind that this is a strong antidepressant, and an incorrect use of the pills may cause severe side effects.
Therefore, before buying this drug, read an instruction and consult a doctor, if possible.
Administration and usage of Cymbalta
If light forms of depression, Cymbalta is used once per day. A daily therapeutic dose of Cymbalta is 60 mg.
If chronic painful syndrome or neuropathic pain due to the mental disorder, a dose of Cymbalta is usually increased up to 120 mg per day. The pills of Cymbalta 60 mg are used every 10-12 hours without skipping any dose.
The treatment should last for at least 3 months in order to estimate a medical effect, the therapy efficiency and apply the required changed.
In case of the prolonged use, Cymbalta almost does not cause a development of the tolerance and a medical addiction (but only if the dosage regimen is followed).
Recommendations for the use
- Do not begin the treatment from the maximal dose of Cymbalta 120 mg per day. Your body probably has a high sensitivity to Duloxetine and a minimal dose of 60 mg will be enough
- A cancellation of Cymbalta should be gradual, within 2-3 weeks
- Do not take Cymbalta if you are taking MAO inhibitors. Due to the interaction of these antidepressants, a serotonin syndrome may appear
- The use of Duloxetine may cause suicidal behavior or depression may turn into mania. These symptoms usually appear within 14 days, and therefore a patient should be controlled during this period
- Cymbalta is contraindicated during severe liver diseases, hypertension, pregnancy, glaucoma, and fructose intolerance.
According to the reviews of people taking Cymbalta, we can make a conclusion that the following side effects often appear:
headache, decreased libido, somnolence, anorgasmia, dizziness, loss of appetite, and change in taste preferences.
In case of these side effects, do not stop taking Cymbalta. Only if the side effects grow, or an allergy appears, or you experience side effects in the cardiovascular system, stop the treatment and consult a doctor.