Main information about Fioricet.
Fioricet is one of the strongest analgesics on the pharmaceutical market.
According to the level of the analgesic action, it is not worse than narcotic analgesics but it does not interact with opioid receptors.
Fioricet contains three active ingredients:
- Butalbital is a drug from the group of barbiturates. It provides a strong analgesic action by means of the inhibition of the functions of the central nervous system. It also causes a sedative, anticonvulsant, anxiolytic, muscle relaxant effect.
- Acetaminophen is an anti-inflammatory analgesic ingredient which acts dotty in the site of the inflammation and pain. It significantly increases the action of Butalbital
- Caffeine improves a bioavailability of Butalbital and Acetaminophen and increases a sensitivity of the central nervous system to the action of these analgesic products. Moreover, it lowers the reaction of the brain and central nervous system to the painful impulses.
Fioricet may be used during painful syndrome of the various severity including migraine, degenerative diseases of the locomotor system, diagnostic and surgical procedures, and others.
An analgesic effect of Fioricet occurs quickly, within 20-30 minutes after the use of a one-time dose. A standard length of the therapeutic action is 4-5 hours.
Administration and dosage of Fioricet
To reduce pain, patients should take a pill/capsule of Fioricet. Not more than 6 pills/capsules of Fioricet are allowed being used per day (not more than once in 4 hours).
In case of the overdose, a risk of the medical addiction and side effects is increased.
Fioricet may be used between meals with a full glass of water. If the drug use causes digestion disorder, Fioricet may be used after eating.
Fioricet maybe used within 3 weeks. The longer use of the pills increases a toxicity of the drug and develops a medical/narcotic addiction.
Recommendations for the use
- If you feel that a pill of Fioricet does not reduce pain and a higher dose is needed, stop taking the drug. Your body probably has intolerance and the efficiency of the drug is reduced
- Do not take Fioricet during pregnancy and lactation. This may be dangerous for a baby
- Fioricet is contraindicated during porphyria, severe diseases of the cardiovascular system, organic brain lesions, hepatic failure.
- Do not consume alcohol, sedatives, antihistamine drugs, tranquilizers, opioid analgesics during the treatment. All these drugs may increase an inhibition of the central nervous system, and this may cause severe side effects
The use of Fioricet may be accompanied by a sense of euphoria, dizziness, drowsiness, nausea, vomiting, breathing disorders, and shortness of breath.
If the side effects of Fioricet cause a serious discomfort and physical/moral sufferings, stop taking the pills and consult a doctor. You maybe have an intolerance of the active ingredients or you take an incorrect daily dose.